2.24.2008

OH MY TIGERS

Did anyone watch the Memphis vs. UT game last night? The game that I spent around 14 hours in line for? The game where I left work at 3am, went home, showered, ate a cookie or two, went to Kroger, and was in line for at 4:30am? That game? The game where WHILE in line, I fell asleep on a curb? For an hour? THAT GAME!

It was amazing. Even after standing in line from four thirty in the morning to nine, doing ESPN Gameday from nine to eleven, then standing in line again from eleven to six thirty, I didn't in the first section of seats. And do you know why? Because I'm little, and asshole people push in front of me who haven't been in line since 4:30am. People who have energy to do pushing because they have slept in an actual bed in the past 24 hours. The last time I had slept was about eleven in the morning on Friday. That's...forty hours I went without sleep by the end of it.

It was amazing. The game was ridiculously close the whole time and I found out that there's a way to make any sport way more interesting. Beer. By the end of the game I was yelling and jumping and yelling "attack!" because that's the only thing I can think to say during sports. Then we left (we is me and my best frizend.) and went across the street to where we both work and I'm pretty sure I probably made an ass of myself at least twice. But I really do not know...

All I know is that my mind was blown. Now I'm awake and my whole body hurts and my head feels like it's about to explode. But I feel like I can't go back to sleep because I need to actively get to feeling better to make it to some meetings tonight.


Spectacular day though, for a number of reasons.

Yayzers!

Oh, and for those who did not watch, Tigers lost, but like...barely. It was ridonkulously close the whole time and crazy and we ended up losing. Amazing, AMAZING game.

1 comment:

Polt said...

Ah, college athletes, all pumped up and sweating and full of testosterone....yeah, that's a nice sight. Too bad I missed it.

HUGS...