12.06.2007

THE HIGHLY FASCINATING TALE OF OLIVIA'S JEEP DYING!

It was a day like any other, I was out of gas and headed to work. I stopped at the nearest gas station and put in ten dollars, and began my drive to work. I live on campus, sort of in the middle of Memphis, and I was bearing west to get Downtown, where I work at a Philly Cheesesteak place as a delivery driver.

I had not been driving for more than 4 blocks when my Jeep's engine rpm began to soar, yet I was still just going 40 mph. I felt uneasy, and pulled over into a park. I popped the hood and exited my vehicle.

Upon gazing at the engine, I realized that it was steamy and a terrible smell was coming from the general area of the entire car. I called my manager, who is my best friend's brother, and reported to him that I was going to be late. I then called my father, who told me to try to drive to campus.

Of course I follow the suggestion of my father and begin driving. But driving was awful. I could not accelerate to any more that 15 mph, and soon was stuck at an intersection crying. My car zoomed backwards when I had it in drive, and I was freaking out. I then called my dad again, and was crying and freaking out because it's really ghetto in Memphis and I was a sitting duck. Also, driving in Memphis is the equivelent to Death Race 2000.

My deep blue razor phone beeps, I have another call, it's Corey, my manager. I am not sure if I was crying on the phone with him, but he agreed I should call his sister, Brittany, my amazing friend.

I then call Brittany, who calms me down a lot, and I begin to slowly reverse my car to get away from this intersection and make a U-turn. I begin the turn and I keep stalling out and my car will just not go. I finally get to the part of reversing to straighten my car, and it won't go back into reverse. At this point, my Jeep is blocking the entire side street with cars trying to pass on both sides.

I slam my head onto the steering wheel and cry a little before talking to my Jeep about the situation:

"Come on, Jeepy, you can do this, I love you, you can do this! Come on, come on, come on, I know that you can put yourself in reverse, let's just get us to a parking lot then you can rest and we will get you fixed because I love you, you can do it."

And my Jeep-mobile sprang backwards with a GIANT effort and I completed my turn. I then smashed on the gas in drive and with the engine rpm around 6-7, I slowly inched my way going 20 mph down a street, turned, crossed some tracks, and found a parking lot.

Once edging my Jeep into a place, I then shut him down, and called someone who I thought knew about cars and who I also know is always there for me if I get really really upset. I talk to him for a little bit, then my dad beeps in. I talk to my dad and call my friend back.

By this time, Brittany pulls up and climbs aboard. We sit for a little bit before she drives me to work. I drive Corey's car that night, which is nice, because it is very zippy.

Then today was good! I went back up to the radio station that my sisters and I went to a few weeks back to host a countdown, and this time just me and one other good friend went for like voice stuff. "It's my radio station!" etc.

And that is the story of Tuesday night and this morning.

bum bum bummmmm

3 comments:

Phillip said...

Your Jeep probably wouldn't have died on you if you had given it a more original name then "Jeepy"

Just sayin'

Oh My Livia... said...

uh yeah, "jack"

that's right, i remember at least THAT part of the phone call last night! haha

Polt said...

Well....no sexy hot repairman guy came to your rescue, but at least this story's more interesting than your one sentence post previously.

Sorry about Jeepy. I laughed though, cause I talk to Cleo, my car, too in certain situations. Like Wednesday, when it was all snowy and icey, and we had this hill to climb. I talked her through it and she worked for me and we got over it.

.....yeah, I need more of a life, you're right.

HUGS...