5.30.2007

OLIVIA GRADUATES!!!



And as you can see, I was thrilled to have pictures taken before the ceremony.

The ceremony as a whole was pretty much what I expected. It was mostly long...and a little boring. Up until it was my turn to walk across the stage all I was really thinking about was the fact that my cap was slowly slipping off the side of my head and concentrating on walking in my heels without falling over. After I walked, I had to focus on getting back to my seat without falling and balancing my cap.

And did I fall?! NO SIR! Ya, ballin as anything. But to the front row of my classmates, it did look like I stumbled. Not my fault, though. As I was walking across the stage, I hear Copernicus's father figure yell "Don't forget Copernicus!" over all the other wooing and clapping. And so I sort of cracked up a little. Other than that, did great.

So how does it feel being a High School Graduate? Pretty much the same as usual. Except now I can mark "yes" on job applications that ask if I have a High School Diploma.

I do feel a great sense of relief I guess, that I don't have to see many of my fellow graduates for another ten years, though. Because really, I wasn't very fond of a lot of them, and it sort of killed me inside to hear them go on about how Global Warming wasn't real.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on graduating and also on the new blog. :0

Polt said...

YAY! Olivia, My Love, is blogging on her own now!

Thank GOD you're getting out of Mississippi. Oregon, I believe, right? Where scientific things like Global Warmning, evolution, the earth revolving around the sun and the earth not being flat are things accepted as fact, not fiction.

Congrats on graduating! I need a tissue...my lil Livey is growin up.

HUGS...

Howard said...

Hooray! For both your new blog and for grad-U-aten.

[ im'mature ] said...

A new era, a new blog - how poetic. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Okay sister...post more!

Grim Reality Girl said...

Congratulations on graduation, new blog, and not feeling the need to stay in touch with all of your classmates! Glad you are still blogging :-)

Angel City's Devil said...

Yay for no falling :) Congratulations sweetheart!

Phillip said...

Congrats on graduation!

I remember my graduation night. It was spent at the YMCA in a lock-in. Pretty stupid, but fun nonetheless. I am happy that I've learned how to talk to girls since then.

They really should make a class like that in high school for us geeks.

SabilaK said...

Congrats on graduating and the new blog! Where are you heading to college?

SabilaK said...

Shit, I like need a blogger profile pic.